Best Dog Bath Tub
If your pup is your buddy, as is the case of many dog owners out there, you will always strive to make and keep him happy. Indeed, your pals get to play around your home, leaving everywhere they go messed up. Unfortunately, you will have to go through the pains of cleaning up your home unaided. But with a good dog bathtub, taking care of your pet just got a lot easier as you won’t make a mess of your apartment any longer.
In an effort to get the best dog bath tub on the market, you will face a lot of challenges. Well, the challenge is that the market has many different products, making it pretty difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff. Nevertheless, armed with this extensively-researched guide, you have yourself the thresher you need to make the right pick. More importantly, you would not bother with reading all of the articles that fly around the internet any longer.
How Did We Pick the Best Dog Bath Tubs?
We constantly strive to put the interests of our readers above everything else. To make sure we do just that, we use informative and well-crafted articles to simplify the confusing maze you must navigate when choosing products to meet your needs. In a concerted effort to help you get the best from the market, we create product reviews by holistically studying the market and analyzing real customers’ feedback. In the end, you can be sure of a sincere and useful verdict from our team.
If you find our articles useful — please feel free to share them with your family, friends, and colleagues. Follow us on our social media platforms to read the latest online product reviews as they drop.
Why It is Better?
- Why You Should Buy a Dog Bath Tub
- How to Pick the Right Dog Bath Tub
- Top 5 Best Dog Bath Tubs
- 1. Flying Pig Pet Dog Cat Washing Shower Grooming Portable Bath Tub
- 2. Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing Medium
- 3. Jackson Supplies Laundry Sink Utility Tub
- 4. Mustee 28F Bigtub Utilatub Laundry Tu
- 5. Pet Gear Blue Pup-Tub
- Tips for Dog Bathing
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why You Should Buy a Dog Bath Tub
You probably have just one reason why you should be getting this special dog accessory. We will give you some more reasons why you should get one for your puppy.
- Bathing difficulty:For some reason, you may have a big problem bathing your pup very well. This could be that you always bend whenever you bathe him. In that case, you will need a puppy bathtub because you can use it without bending. As a dog owner, you want to see him spotless all the time, don’t you? If so, it is not an easy task because you have to keep bathing him every now and then. What this pet accessory does for you is that it simplifies that bathing task. Because he is on cloud nine when you bathe him, you love to see him happy. In the end, both of you are extremely delighted.
- Prevent a messy home: If you have to bathe your pet all the time, chances are that he will end up messing the whole place up. Remember that your pup loves to play around and does not stop playing around whenever you bathe him. Nevertheless, with a bath tub, you would not have to worry because he would not have any reason to leave the washtub. The reasoning behind this is that he will definitely enjoy the experience.
- Designed to suit any environment: Where would you rather have your dog bath tub installed? Is it inside or outside of your expansive home? The thing is, the choice is yours as it can be installed in either of those places for both your satisfaction and that of your pet. Perhaps you do not have enough space inside your apartment to install the bathing accessory, but you can always opt for one outside of your home. Either way, the choice is yours. So, this is one of the reasons why you need to get this beautiful pet accessory.
- Bonding: With this modern pet accessory, you do not have to bend all the time to bathe your pup. As mentioned earlier, simplifying your bathing task is one of the advantages it has. Its implication is that you will enjoy bathing him all the time. In the end, you will realize that both of you are bonding. This is one experience you will definitely enjoy.
- Healthy lifestyle: You see, bathing your dog all the time has loads of benefits, and one of these perks is that you will have a healthy dog. If your pup is healthy, then you are also healthy. Besides, cleaning with a hot bath is very convenient and easy. When you keep using the tub, you will find out that you do not have fur all over your home, your pup does not contract any skin infections, and you do not have many allergies in your home. Each time you take some time to clean him up, you can look at him thoroughly. This way, you can discover and avert any health issues.
How to Pick the Right Dog Bath Tub
If you did not stumble into this well-researched guide, one of the hurdles you have to overcome is figuring out the right features to look for in the best dog bath tub. The good thing is that you are here now, so we will discuss all of these factors. Lest we forget, they played a significant role in our quest to compile this list for you.
- Size: One of the key factors you should take into consideration before making a pick is size. You will need a spacious washtub for your pet to play around. When you do that, he would not mind gladly jumping into it whenever you take him close to the pet accessory, and the reason is that he loves it there.
- Materials: Beyond a shadow of a doubt, material is yet another feature you have to consider before placing an order. Ensure that the dog wash tub you settle for is made of strong and durable material. More often than not, they are made of PVC, which is sturdy and capable of handling boisterous pups. If it is as big as a swimming pool, you will find out that it features high-density fiberboard.
- Anti-slip bottom: You do not want your playmate to slip and fall, do you? If your answer is NO, then opt for one that comes with an anti-slip material. Let’s be clear, if your pup finds out that he always falls in the tub whenever you are washing him, he will never like the experience. This is a red flag! Therefore, go for those with slip-resistant mats.
- Type: Yes, bathtubs have different types and designs. For instance, some of them are elevated in a way that you snap its support to the basin to make it ready for use. With this type, you do not have to bend all the time to use them, thus making them super convenient to use. Some others have adjustable heights and levers.
- Brands: Another key factor that you consider is the brand of the portable dog bath tub. This simply means that there are reputable companies in the industry that prioritize your satisfaction above everything else. These companies understand that they are not just out to rake in profits but need to ensure that they satisfy their teeming customers. Examples are Flying Pig Grooming, Booster Bath, Jackson Supplies, Mustee, etc.
- Special features: Special features must never go unnoticed. You will have to consider if the tub was built to hold special items. For instance, some of them are designed to hold shampoos, brushes, and other products. All of that will make sense to you when you understand that your pup can jump out of the tub anytime.
Top 5 Best Dog Bath Tubs
1. Flying Pig Pet Dog Cat Washing Shower Grooming Portable Bath Tub Review
Easy to use
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
Here comes one of the best dog washing tubs for your medium (35 to 65 pounds) and small (10 to 36 pound) puppies. You have yourself a wash tub that allows you bathe your pup without straining your back to do that. Besides that, it is lightweight and portable, meaning that you will not find it difficult to move it around after use. If you wish to use it outside of your home, chances are that it could be uneven.
Well, you do not have to worry about that much because it comes with an adjustable leveler that ensures you align the legs correctly. Your small and medium-sized pets can easily see through it. You will also like the fact that you can use it for other pets aside from your dog. To be clear, it can be used to clean up your cats. You don’t have to be a technical person to assemble it, including setting up the draining assembly. When you assemble it, it is firm and stable, so you do not have to worry that your pup may fall off.
2. Booster Bath Elevated Pet Bathing Medium Review
Easy to use
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
When a product is good enough to snag an award, it’s a no-brainer that it deserves a place on the list of the highest-quality dog bath tubs. It won the 2019 Retailer’s Choice Award, which is presented by the North American Retail Hardware Association. You will fancy it because it is portable, accessible, and lightweight. The Booster Bath is also elegant and convenient to use. You do not have to bend or squat to use it, making it very pleasurable to use.
You can easily use its hose to direct its drainage, thus keeping the tub dry while it is in use. What’s more is that you can detach its legs quickly for easy storage. The rubber anti-slip floor is always there to make sure that your pup doesn’t slip off the bottom. We consider it easy to use because you can assemble and dismantle it in no time. You also don’t have to squat or bend to use it. All this and more earned it a spot on this list.
3. Jackson Supplies Laundry Sink Utility Tub Review
Easy to use
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
Here, you have a large washbasin that allows you to soak, rinse, and scrub. There are many kits in this product. For instance, you will get mesh drain strainer, wall mount attachment bracket, drainage, 9 anti-slip shaped treads, sprayer, etc. When this washtub is fully set up, one thing that will grab your attention is its simplicity and fine construction. You see, the white color makes it very unique and cute. It is worth the money spent on it.
With the deep sink, your pet will be very comfortable in it whenever you bathe it. The truth is, this is the dog bath tub that you cannot afford not to give your pet. Moreover, it is made of plastic from harmful chemicals like lead, PBA, and phthalate. Yet another takeaway from it is that you do not have to be an artisan to install and dismantle this bathtub. Being tough and durable, you can easily carry it about without the fear that you may easily break it. There’s no doubt it is a must-have.
4. Mustee 28F Bigtub Utilatub Laundry Tu Review
Easy to use
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
If you need a spacious tub for your pet, search no further. We added this product on this list to meet the demands of those who need spacious basins. Plus, it has a self-draining mechanism that allows the water to run off in a flash. If you are concerned that you can’t wash more than one dog in it, your fears are allayed here. The reason is that it is not only spacious enough, but also stable enough to withstand pressures from three puppies when they play in it.
In fact, as a dog groomer in need of dog baths for home, you need to check out this product. You can set up this system in a couple of minutes. Upon purchasing it, you will find out that the sink is deep, meaning that it can contain plenty of water. Feel free to get only the faucet or sink only. This is yet another way of ensuring that you can replace the broken parts quickly. Without a doubt, it is a must-buy.
5. Pet Gear Blue Pup-Tub Review
Easy to use
Easy to clean
We Don’t Like
Here comes a blue plastic basin that allows your pup to easily see through it. It is the most affordable product on this list, thus making it a must-have for every dog groomer. You will certainly like that it comes with two built-in holders for keeping your shampoo, brush, and conditioner. With the rubberized grippers, you are sure that your pet will not slip off of the surface. We must mention that it has a quick drain mechanism that ensures that the sink does not get waterlogged. It is simple, convenient to carry about, and easy to use.
You can also use it for more than one pet at a time. To start using it, you can easily set it over your tank sink, unlock the drain, and spray them down with a sprayer. Without mincing words, you have yourself a do-it-yourself basin that does not require craftsman to help you assemble it. You also do not have to bend down to use it because you can set it up on elevated platforms like tables, chairs, etc.
Tips for Dog Bathing
As you are well aware, your doggie deserves a great bath to stay happy, fresh, and healthy. So far, we have discussed many things you should use for washing him. Now, let us give you some tips you need for bathing him.
- Right age for a bath: It is advisable to consult your vet to find the best time to start washing your puppy. However, the best practice is to start when he reaches eight weeks old. Alternatively, if you know when your pet can regulate their body temperature, it is another time to get started. It is always recommended to start bathing him early enough for the benefits we have already shared with you.
- Bathing frequency: Many dog owners are confused as to how often they should wash their puppies. The truth is that there is no direct answer to that question. The reason is that the actual time to start bathing your puppy depends on a number of factors. These factors include coat type, skin health, and lifestyle. If it has very thick skin, it needs to be washed all the time.
- Keep him comfortable: Just before the show starts, put him in the tub to allow him acclimatize with the basin. If your bathtub has anti-slips, it makes your job a lot easier. The reasoning behind this is that he will be stable secure on it. Given the importance of anti-slips, you should prioritize that before placing an order for your dog bathtub, which we mentioned earlier.
- Getting started: Last but certainly not least is the step you need to take before you start washing him. First, you need to get all of the items that came with your tub (supplies). These items include any anti-slip mats, attachment hose and sprayer, etc. When they are now handy, you should get a pet shampoo, brush, ear cleaner, towel, and conditioner as well. You should also have a pet-specific hose or shower attachment.
- Drying after bath: It is in your best interest to dry him after a bath because moisture trapped against his skin for far too long can lead to severe discomfort including itching, skin infections, hot spots, etc. If your doggie has single-layer coat, you will have to use a towel to dry him. On the other hand, you should apply blow-drying if you puppy has a thicker coat.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, we will answer some of the questions that most people have about this puppy accessory.
The size of the washtub you opt for depends on your dog’s size. Therefore, you are strongly advised to measure your dog before placing an order for yours. You should also ensure that it has enough room for your pet to play in. If you wish to use it for more than one doggie at the same time, you have to factor that in as well.
Before you decide on the right location to assemble yours, you should find out if your pet enjoys you washing them all the time. If he does not like it, then you should not bother assembling it outside of your home. The reason is that when he is indoors, he will be in a confined space, which allows you to monitor him closely. On the other hand, if he enjoys having a regular bath, you will have to consider setting it up outside of your property. However, you should do well to keep on the leash so he does not run away while you are trying to wash him.
The thing is that you have to bathe your puppy when he is dirty, meaning that the water will be dirty when it is time for him to jump out of the washtub. Therefore, you will have to wash the tub after use to prevent dirt and bacteria from building up. Moreover, the washtub will start smelling if you do not wash it after use, and this is an unsanitary practice. In conclusion, you should always wash it after bathing your pet.
Most times, the manufacturer points out whether you should use this doggie accessory for other animals apart from your dog. There are cases where it is specified that this washtub can be used to wash your cat. For some other products, it is also recommended for ducks. You should always look out for the instructional guide attached to the product for more information.
First of all, you should consult your vet if your puppy falls ill. After meeting with the animal doctor, you do not have any reason not to bathe him. We have to point though that you need to keep the water at a good temperature so you do not make it too hot or cold. More importantly, you should dry the puppy immediately after the bath.
The objective of this long, well-researched read is to serve as an eye-opener for all those looking to learn more about the intricacies of bathing their dogs, using modern tubs, and everything in between. That said, it is very safe to establish here that we have achieved that objective. You will have noticed by now that most of the products reviewed in this guide were freestanding washtubs. Well, the good thing about them is that they are very easy to set up. To be crystal clear, you do not need a plumber to do that for you as you can just study the installation guide and get that done.
Earlier, we discussed all of the benefits of using tubs to wash your pet every now and then. After going through this guide, you would not have any challenge picking the right one for your pet. Although the first product on the list is our pick, you should check the rest of the products on the menu before making the all-important decision. No doubt, this review has been thorough, so you do not need other articles to make an informed decision. Your ideal dog bathtub lies in this guide. All you have to do is to select one of the products we have reviewed for you. Why procrastinate? Do it now! Also, make sure you share your experience with us afterward.