Best Dog Breath Spray
Dog breath sprays can provide a solution to several canine oral problems at once. They do this cheaply, effectively, and to a high degree of satisfaction for many long-suffering owners who thought they’d never manage to get rid of their furry companions’ oral odor. There are so, so many reasons why and how your dog can develop bad breath. Later on in this post, we’ll explore them so that you can implement some practical measures to overcome them.
We’ve researched for countless hours, and poured through every available option on the market, to provide you with a one-stop source for every piece of information you could ever need to choose and then buy the right canine breath spray product. There’s no need to go anywhere else. Let’s delve further into how and why these products could make a world of difference for you and your furry friend alike.
How Did We Pick the Best Pet Breath Spray?
We constantly strive to put the interests of our readers above everything else. To make sure we do just that, we use informative and well-crafted articles to simplify the confusing maze you must navigate when choosing products to meet your needs. In a concerted effort to help you get the best from the market, we create product reviews by holistically studying the market and analyzing real customers’ feedback. In the end, you can be sure of a sincere and useful verdict from our team.
If you find our articles useful — please feel free to share them with your family, friends, and colleagues. Follow us on our social media platforms to read the latest online product reviews as they drop.
Why It is Better?
- Why Your Dog Needs a Breath Spray
- How to Pick the Right Dog Breath Spray
- Top 5 Best Dog Breath Sprays
- 1. Fresh Breath by TropiClean Oral Care Water Additive for Pets
- 2. Pets Are Kids Too Premium Pet Dental Spray
- 3. True Dog Spray Me: Doggy Dental Spray
- 4. Arm and Hammer Advanced Care Dental Spray/Fresh Breath and Whitening for Dogs
- 5. Vet Recommended Dog Breath Freshener Water Additive for Pet Dental Care
- What Causes Bad Breath in Dogs?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Your Dog Needs a Breath Spray
Both you and your dog will reap several benefits by making use of one of these convenient and effective spray products, but the main reason, perhaps, is that the best varieties can take care of your dog’s oral hygiene in a highly impactful way. Bad oral hygiene isn’t always due to poor food or lifestyle choices. Sometimes, certain breeds, unfortunately, have a predisposition to bad breath area due to their tooth placement, which can see their alignment thrown out or crushed together.
This can lead to the perfect breeding ground being created for the development of bacteria and other unwanted elements, often due to excessive damage to the animal’s gums and the surrounding area along with open sores. Bacteria can also develop as a result of playing habits, too. It all depends on where your dog goes, what it comes into contact with, and whether or not its mouth is frequently agitated in the process. By introducing a high-grade spray, you can eradicate any existing germs almost completely, whilst introducing a protective layer that’ll make it incredibly difficult for any other negative elements to take hold.
This is amazing as, in the long run, it’ll mean less frequent trips to the veterinarian and unwanted dentistry bills. If your dog is unfortunate enough to be a breed that suffers from bad oral hygiene genetically, purchasing items like this will be a must. This will ensure maximum safety and mitigate the financial impact. In conjunction with the protective qualities they offer, these products are also amazing for reducing or completely eliminating bad odors.
And let’s face it, if you’ve ever been around a dog with bad breath, this is going to be incredibly welcome. Dog breath fresheners, then, are an all-encompassing product, designed to impact more areas than the initial sum of their parts would suggest.
How to Pick the Right Dog Breath Spray
In this section, we’re going to give you a full overview of the different elements that go into making a good-quality, highly-reliable dog breath spray. This is going to allow you to make a well-informed decision about which product to purchase; so that you can enjoy a lifetime’s worth of protection and avoid any embarrassing situations when your dog is around friends and family.
- Taste: It’s a well-known fact that certain dogs are very choosy about what food they’ll eat, no matter how many times you try to move them onto other options. They can sometimes be very stuck in their ways, and this is where finding something that they like becomes crucial. If your dog doesn’t find the taste palatable, or enjoyable, it might just completely reject the option you’ve chosen, meaning your hard-earned money has been wasted.
- Ingredients: Not all dog breath fresheners are equal, and depending on what they contain, they can actually be incredibly harmful to your canine companion. The best varieties out there only contain ingredients that’d be safe to use for a human, too. This gives a massive degree of reassurance to owners, who want to know that what they’re giving their dog is completely safe.
- How practical is it? Dog breath spray products should ideally be easy to apply inside your dog’s mouth and require as few daily applications as possible. This is going to negate any unwanted stress for both you and your companion. It’s also worth noting that the best products on the market only require one or two daily applications.
- Allergy issue: In an ideal world, your chosen product needs to be entirely hypoallergenic. Especially if your dog has any immune deficiencies or known allergies. Always look on the product label for any obvious “red flags” to your dog’s health. The introduction of even the slightest of harmful ingredients could be fatal if your dog is specifically allergic to them.
- Fragrance: Make sure that your intended product isn’t just going to cover up a bad breath problem, instead, it should ideally help to eradicate the problem, altogether. Some of the less effective varieties on the market simply cover up hygiene issues with a fragrance instead of attacking the bacteria and providing protection against the root causes.
- General effectiveness: Last but most important of all. How effective is your spray actually going to be at resolving the root issues of your dog’s bad breath? Try to get something that has received excellent reviews, is supported by professional veterinarians, and will effectively attack and safeguard against the buildup of plaque and bacteria.
- Trusted and reliable brands: It always makes sense to shop based on your requirements, as opposed to shopping purely based on a name. However, well-known brands often come with proven retail histories and a high success rate in any chosen area. As a result, they can be a great choice for peace of mind. The following brands are highly reputable within this product field: Ecoland, Petfection, Teef!, Zesty Paws, Arm & Hammer, Epic, Sentry Petrodex, PetSilver. These manufacturers are just some of the best out there, renowned for developing excellent dog breath sprays, and are being used to a high degree of satisfaction by thousands of pet owners around the world.
Top 5 Best Dog Breath Sprays
1. Fresh Breath by TropiClean Oral Care Water Additive for Pets Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
For those looking for excellent value and ease of use, this one-stop solution is likely to cater to their every need and can produce excellent results within 14 days. Most dog owners say that they notice a significant difference within the first two days of use. Instead of needing to be applied in spray form, this formula is instead added to your pet’s water bowl, so that it can work its way around your dog’s mouth every time it gets a drink of water.
It’s odorless and tasteless, so even the most discerning of pets won’t have a problem with ingesting it, and you won’t have to go through the stress of having to try and apply it multiple times throughout the day. You can also opt for alternative versions that cater to everything from advanced whitening to additional digestive elements.
2. Pets Are Kids Too Premium Pet Dental Spray Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
For those who want to take care of their pet as best as they can, while also supporting other animals at the same time. This is one of the best options available on the market for animal lovers in general. First, we’ll start with the product itself. The negative is that for maximum efficiency, you’re going to need to apply it to not only your pets drinking water, but also their mouth with 2 – 3 sprays.
Luckily though, the taste has been engineered to be irresistible as well as containing anti-bacterial ingredients. After the first application, your dog is likely to be hooked, and will even beg for the spray every time you bring it out. When you combine all of this with the fact that purchasing this item allows you to financially support other dogs too, thanks to the “pets helping pets” scheme they’ve introduced. This item is irresistible on almost all fronts.
3. True Dog Spray Me: Doggy Dental Spray Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This is a fantastic premium option, supported by veterinarians, that offers maximum protection, practicality, and ultimately peace of mind for dog owners. This product has a spray mist application method, which is a little easier to use than a targeted nozzle. It just means that you can spray into your dog’s mouth generally, as opposed to having to pinpoint target the spray before rubbing it in. Your dog will simply inhale the mist, and it’ll spread itself.
The ingredients here are designed to cover all bases. Whether it’s combating plaque, eliminating bacteria, or with this product, even boosting your dog’s immunity. You’ve got everything you could ever need to keep your dog’s mouth, and body, in an optimal state of health. The cost is slightly higher than the other items in this category. But that’s to be expected given the quality of the ingredients, and the low frequency application requirements. This is likely to be the best dog breath freshener for medical purposes you’re ever likely to encounter.
4. Arm and Hammer Advanced Care Dental Spray/Fresh Breath and Whitening for Dogs Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This high-quality formula has been engineered by the renowned oral hygiene company, Arm & Hammer to ensure that your dog’s breath consistently smells acceptable no matter what they might have eaten earlier in the day. The all-natural ingredients are completely safe and harmless for your dog to ingest. There are no artificial additives — meaning that you won’t experience any negative side effects. The fresh, minty scent the spray leaves always makes being around your furry friend a positive experience.
One of the main benefits of using this product is the fact that you’ve got access to an “always-on” support email system to ensure that you can get advice about your pet’s oral care any time you need it. In conjunction with this, the product is also incredibly easy to administer. There’s nothing you can really pick fault with here, other than the fact that this is a more expensive spray than others.
5. Vet Recommended Dog Breath Freshener Water Additive for Pet Dental Care Review
Easy to use
We Don’t Like
This is an excellent choice for dog owners who want the best dog breath spray with pure, unadulterated ingredients and low frequency, practical application. As the solution is delivered via your dog’s water bowl, you don’t have to worry about any stressful spray applications that can be a massive hassle. Instead, just put a couple of tablespoons into the water, so that your dog will absorb it as it drinks.
The ingredients here are all-natural, and would even serve the needs of a human well (aloe, cinnamon, peppermint, etc.) So even though your dog might not initially love the taste, they are at least optimally effective. Add to that, the fact that they help to combat existing and future bacterial buildup, and you’re not only eliminating bad breath. You’re also reducing the risk of future recurring disease, as well.
What Causes Bad Breath in Dogs?
Now that you know all about how effective these sprays are, what some of the best options are, and how they can specifically benefit you and your chosen breed. It’s now time to help you understand in greater detail how bad breath arises. The following areas are all relevant when it comes to isolating the underlying reasons behind bad breath in dogs:
- Genetics/breed type: Sadly, it’s not always something you can easily control. Some breeds are just more predisposed to having oral issues than others. This can be due to everything from the integrity of their tooth structure, to tooth placement and susceptibility to gum or jaw damage. All of these factors are relevant when it comes to the development and absorption of harmful bacteria. Sprays are a must for maximum safety if your dog breed has known oral defects.
- Bacteria: The reasons bacteria can be introduced into your dog’s mouth vary, but ultimately, the number-one source is lack of oral hygiene — in any species, be it human, feline, or canine. Bacteria can develop due to internal damage in the oral cavity, or simply due to an item that your dog has ingested. Regardless of how it is introduced to your dog, the important part to understand is that it can be eradicated via the use of products within this category.
- Internal issues: Unfortunately, sometimes there can be far-reaching internal issues that lead to the release and development of bacteria within the mouth. If there are no obvious signs of damage in the oral cavity, this may be the case. It could be as simple as your dog eating something harmful or contaminated, or as complicated as an organ related issue. Regardless, it’s important to try and identify and treat the problem as quickly as possible. Some spray products in this category are highly effective for combating internal issues thanks to the introduction of medical-grade ingredients. They can’t fix serious organ issues on their own, but they can contribute towards stopping them developing in the first place; or at least alleviating symptoms.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, we’re going to address 5 of the most frequent questions asked about dog spray products for breath neutralization. In conjunction with all of the above information, you should now know everything you need to determine whether or not it’s going to be viable for you to make use of them going forwards.
Dog breath spray can be applied in numerous ways, depending on your chosen product. Some are applied directly into the mouth and rubbed in, whereas others spray a mist that merges with your dog’s saliva, naturally. Other options include water droplets, or sprays, that are mixed with your dog’s water and ingested.
Depending on your chosen product, the application frequency will vary. Some require one daily application, whereas others will need to be applied anywhere from 4 – 6 times per day. You can find out the relevant application frequency for your chosen item by reading through the product packaging.
There are several reasons why your dog’s breath may smell, including but not limited to internal issues, bacteria within the mouth, and / or genetic oral defects that can feed into either of these two scenarios. Regardless of the underlying reason, breath sprays are an amazing way to combat and neutralize both bacteria and odor.
These sprays are designed for oral application and can cater for a wide variety of requirements including the neutralization of odors, the elimination of bacteria, and combating disease development and symptoms. Some products achieve all of these results.
The best product is going to be the one that meets your requirements as effectively as possible. Luckily, the products in our top 5 list will meet the needs of most dog owners, and provide satisfactory breath control and antibacterial protection. Always go for an option that’ll boost and safeguard health, whilst also improving breath odor.
After reading through today’s post, you should now have every ounce of detail required to be able to make a fully educated decision on which breath spray is going to be right for your dog. Regardless of breed, genetics, eating habits, or even taste preferences. There is absolutely going to be a product to align perfectly with both your requirements and those of your canine companion.
Always try to source something with the best, natural ingredients, that’ll provide the most advanced protection possible while eliminating odors. If you can get all of that for a price that suits your budget, then you’ll never look back after introducing these products into your dog’s daily routine. Enjoy a life full of furry memories, and happy, healthy, vibrant smiles from both dog and owner — all thanks to dog breath spray.