Best LED Dog Collar
You may not know how important the visibility of your pet is until you find yourself looking for them in the pitch darkness of the night. Every pet parent needs to get the best possible best LED dog collar they can find to make it easier to keep an eye on their pet, especially at night.
You can either get a special LED collar for your pet, or you can use it alongside their regular ones. Whatever you decide, it is in the best interest of you and your pet to get something that would serve you both effectively and last a long time. We carried out in-depth research and discovered some important information to help you make the most suitable decision for you and your pet, and that is what we intend to share with you in this piece in the most comprehensive manner possible.
How Did We Pick the Best LED Dog Collar?
We constantly strive to put the interests of our readers above everything else. To make sure we do just that, we use informative and well-crafted articles to simplify the confusing maze you must navigate when choosing products to meet your needs. In a concerted effort to help you get the best from the market, we create product reviews by holistically studying the market and analyzing real customers’ feedback. In the end, you can be sure of a sincere and useful verdict from our team.
If you find our articles useful — please feel free to share them with your family, friends, and colleagues. Follow us on our social media platforms to read the latest online product reviews as they drop.
Why It is Better?
- Why Your Dog Needs an LED Collar
- How to Pick Right LED Dog Collar
- Top 5 Best LED Dog Collars
- 1. Illumiseen LED Dog Collar
- 2. Blazin Safety LED Dog Collar
- 3. BSEEN LED Dog Collar
- 4. Illumifun LED Dog Collar
- 5. Pet Industries Metal Buckle LED Dog Collar
- Types of LED Dog Collars
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Your Dog Needs an LED Collar
Aside from the obvious reason why every pet needs a collar, getting one that lights up comes with a number of advantages. This invention is mostly like the regular dog collars we are used to except for the LED lights surrounding it. This makes it look better and gives it added functions and benefits like the following.
- Makes for great visibility in the dark: This is probably the most important benefit of all. How many times have you hesitated to go out in the dark with your pooch just because it is dark? You are scared that your pet may wander off in the dark or get hurt, which is reasonable. But if you have one of these glowy collars, then you do not have to bother about all of that. If you also live in a place where low light climate is a thing, then you most probably would need this for your pet all day and night long so long as you want your pet to be noticeable.
- Keeps your pet safe in traffic: If you live in a busy neighborhood, you would understand how risky it is to walk your pet on the sidewalk without a collar and leash. Dogs are great, but they are not all that well-behaved, except if they had some of the best obedience training ever. They can break away from you at the least expected time and run off into traffic without even looking. Having lighted dog collars on your pets would help reduce the possibility of being hit in traffic. This is an extra safety precaution that you have to take for the sake of your peace of mind and protection of your four-legged friends. Stop bark collars, calming dog collars, and bark collars for small dogs also help to keep them safe and calm.
- Provides visibility for others: When you are out in the park with your pets, chances are that they would run into other pets and pet parents. With a lighted collar and a proper leash, you can keep them in line to make sure they do not hurt other people or start a confrontation with other animals. It also provides visibility for passersby and runners, especially in the evening when there may not be enough light for your path.
- Prevents domestic blunders and helps to control them: At night, when you have switched off the lights and everywhere is dark, you may kick or even fall over you canine accidentally when making one of those midnight trips to the restroom or kitchen. Having a glowy collar around your pet’s neck can help to prevent this occurrence, except if you sleep-walk, which is a different case entirely. A vibrating dog collar is also effective in controlling your pet.
- Helps with cleaning up: These glowy collars are not the best lights, but they can be of great help when you do not have any other source of light. For instance, it comes in handy when you have to clean up after your pet at night while you are out on a walk.
How to Pick Right LED Dog Collar
There are quite a lot of illuminated dog collars out there made by different brands, and it can be quite confusing or even frustrating when you have to pick just one out of them if you want a functional and durable product. On that note, here are some of the things you should be on the lookout for when shopping.
- Brands: When you are not sure of where to start from, start with the most popular brands. They are popular for a reason, and they may just happen to have something suitable for you and your dog. Aside from the popular ones, you can also take a look at older and relevant brands. These brands have been around for a long time and have a better understanding of their business compared to the newer ones. Some of the brands we recommend include Bseen, Illumifun, Pet industrial, and Illumiseen.
- Size: The size of your pet determines what size of collar you should go for. If you have one of those smaller cute species like the Chihuahua, beagle, bichon frise, Boston terrier, and so on, then what you need is a small size. If you have moderate-sized breeds like a Dalmatian, poodle, Siberian husky, Australian shepherd, and so on, then you would need a moderate size. The bigger breeds would need wide dog collars. You would need to consider the age of your pet, too.
- Brightness: The lights around your pet may look lovely, but it is there to serve more than just aesthetic purposes. It should be bright enough to illuminate the immediate surroundings of your pet, at least if you want it to be of any use to you. So, be sure to test for the brightness of the light before making your decision.
- Battery life: This is an important factor to look out for because you do not want the light dying out after a few hours of use. You can check for the durability of the product by figuring out the effectiveness of the type of battery in use. The best and most common option in this case is usually rechargeable batteries as they are convenient, cheaper, and more environmentally friendly than the non-rechargeable types.
- Durability: This type of dog collar is mostly meant for outdoor use. This means they have to be strong enough to withstand outdoor factors. They do not necessarily have to be chain dog collars, but it is important that you examine the leather thoroughly as well as the buckle, buckle holes, stitches, finishing, and LED. The best products are usually extra fortified to ensure their durability. Also, be sure to handle the collar as carefully as possible because even the most durable products can snap in two when handled roughly.
- Waterproof: The whole goal of this product is to give you and your pet a level of convenience so you can go out to anywhere you wish to, be it at night or in the water. This includes going swimming with your pet or being caught in the rain.
- Light direction: While shopping, you would come across some collars that have the LED light in a particular part, as well as those of them that have it round about. For the best experience, experts recommend getting those of them that have lights all around it for better visibility and effectiveness.
Top 5 Best LED Dog Collars
The purpose of our research is to find and share basic information that would help you make a suitable purchase. But at the same time, we understand that the process of picking one out by yourself is a rigorous one, so we took the liberty of selecting the best five LED dog collars on the market. We evaluated them based on the factors we mentioned above and even more. All you have to do is read through the descriptions, pros, and cons to decide which one is the right pick for you.
1. Illumiseen LED Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
If you have been combing through the internet for an ideal illuminating collar for your pet, then you must have noticed that this product is highly recommended as one of the best on the market. First thing’s first, it has all of the basic properties expected of a functional collar. It’s made from durable materials and reinforced stitches to hold the different parts together. The LED lights are placed around the collar so it can be seen from any corner, which lives up to its expectation as a glowy collar.
It does not matter what breed of dog you have, age, or size, you would always find something suitable for her with six different sizes available. It can also be defined as stylish – six different colors to choose from, and a matching leash to go with each color. The battery is USB rechargeable and you get a lifetime warranty. On the downside, there is a little mismatch with some light and collar colors, which may be annoying if you’re picky about them matching exactly.
2. Blazin Safety LED Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
This is the second-best LED dog collar on our list, and it is not surprising considering its great features and functionality. It is made from durable high-tensile nylon with strong stitches and premium hardware materials, so you do not have to worry about it snapping into two if you use it properly. The light on the collar is a slender strip with very effective light bulbs that can be turned into three different modes – on, strobe, and blink.
This aesthetically appealing product is rechargeable and it comes with a lifetime guarantee just in case you are not satisfied with the product, which is highly unlikely. You are sure to find something suitable for your pet seeing that it comes in four different sizes, all of which can be adjusted to your preference. In addition to all that, this product is water resistant. You can go out in the rain, hang out on the beach, or go swimming in the pool, and you will still have everything intact.
3. BSEEN LED Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
There are a lot of budget-friendly LED collars out there, but a lot of them are not effective enough. The BSEEN LED dog collar is one of the few that is both budget-friendly and functional at the same time. It is made of plastic material, which makes it hard for water to get through it. So, you can take your dog for a swim if you like.
You will get a long collar when you purchase this, but it can be adjusted to suit your pooch if his neck circumference is less than that. All you have to do is cut out the excess length, fix it back, and that is it. It has three different light settings, is rechargeable, and offers all-around illumination for maximum visibility. It is easy to operate, convenient for your pet, and durable. On the downside, it is not the brightest of them all. If you are looking for something very bright, you may want to go for other brands. The battery also runs out quite easily.
4. Illumifun LED Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
If you are looking for a product that would give you reasonable battery life, this would be a great fit. It has an LED light round-about it for great visibility. The lights can be changed to three different settings of your choice and can be recharged with a USB port. You can use this product in place of your regular leash. It comes with a tough D-ring where you can attach your leash or any other accessories you want.
The collar is made from a durable material, it is cheaper than many others out there, lightweight, and does not pose a choking hazard to your pet. Although the size options are quite limited, it is still adjustable up to an extent with the help of the buckle. As long as you use it properly, this product is bound to last you for a long time. The design is interesting, but it comes only in one color, which is neon green.
5. Pet Industries Metal Buckle LED Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
The last, but not the least, on our list is the Pet Industries Metal Buckle LED Dog Collar. Aside from being functional, this product is made with the best materials and constructed in the most durable way possible. Just like all of the others on this list, it offers a full circle of illumination, making it highly visible. You have four size option to choose from, which is not a lot, but you can adjust it to suit your pet with the help of the corrosion-free metal buckle.
Made with a durable dual fiber optic strip, the light battery lasts for quite a long time when fully charged, and you can choose any of the three light settings you feel like. It is easy to use with a switch button for on and off. The design is more basic, but you can get a matching leash from the same brand to spice things up a little bit. Seeing as this product is made of the most durable materials, it is not so lightweight and may not be so comfortable.
Types of LED Dog Collars
There are a few types of LED collars you should be aware of before making your final decision. Knowing this would help you choose one that is most suitable for you and your pet. One thing that they all have in common is that they are basic collars that show off the light to give your pet some visibility in dark places.
- Rechargeable: A lot of people prefer to go for this one because it does require changing the batteries every now and then. It comes with an inbuilt USB-rechargeable battery that is functional, convenient, and cheaper. This option is most appropriate for pet parents that have access to electricity where they can charge the collar when the battery runs down.
- Waterproof: If you live an an active lifestyle with your pet, or if you live by the beach, then this is the type of collar you need for your pet. It is waterproof and you do not have to be worried if it comes into contact with the water. You may also want to get this type if there is a possibility that your pet might be caught in the rain. A waterproof collar can either be rechargeable or not.
- Glowing intensity: There are some LED collars that are particularly brighter than others. They tend to give out more light and illuminate your pooch more than the less illuminating ones. If you intend to use the collar indoors, you may not need a product with high glowing intensity. But if you wish to use it more when you go outdoors with your pet, then a collar with high glowing intensity would be great.
- Flashing: Some brands make their LED collars have a steady light while some others make it unsteady. You would agree that a flashing light gets attention faster than a steady one. So, when your pet is lost with a flashing collar round her neck, it is easier for someone to notice her and get her back to you.
Whichever of these types of LED collars you choose, it is important that you use them on the best way you possibly can to avoid spoiling them. A lot of them may be a little costly, but you would realize that it is worth it at the end.
Frequently Asked Questions
So far, we have explained the basic things you need to have at the back of your mind when shopping for a LED dog collar. We also understand that the process is a rigorous one, and a lot of pet parents may not have the time to go through all that stress to find a suitable product for their pet, so we came up with the top five products for you to choose from. Be that as it may, we know that you may still have some questions about these products. That is why we are going to answer five of the following most frequently asked questions about these products.
From our point of view, we believe that the Illumiseen led dog collar is the most functional, valuable, and efficient of them all. But that may not be the case for everyone. Spiked dog collars may work better for you. You have to understand your needs and that of your pet and then find a product that can suit those needs. You also have to take a lot of other factors into consideration. Examine the quality of the product, material it is made of, longevity of the battery, and design.
The whole point of this invention is to keep the dogs safer by illuminating their path and making them more visible when they are out at night or in a dark place. So, this product is a great safety accessory for your pet.
From another point of view, make sure the collar does not pose a choking risk to your pet. If your pet is recovering from surgery, inflatable dog collars would be great. Make sure that you get the right size that fits snuggly but not too tight. If you are using it as a regular collar and leash, make sure the material is strong enough and does not snap into two when pressure is applied.
Different brands have different battery life, but on a general note, a fully charged LED battery should last for five hours. If the battery is new and a quality one, it can stay on for as long as seven hours or even more. The more you use can also affect how long the battery lasts. If you use a slow flashing mode, the batter tends to last longer than when you use a fast flashing mode.
Again, this depends on the brand and model of the product you have. But on the average, it takes about a couple of hours or less to get it fully charged. But that depends on the source of power you are using to charge it. If you are charging with a phone, laptop, or any other such gadget, it may take longer than two hours to get it fully charged that when you are charging it via a wall plug.
You can leave the collar on your pet all day if you wish, but it is better to use it when necessary, just like dog training collars. That way, you can save the battery life, increase its durability, and have time to recharge it. The best times to have your pet in a collar is when you are going for a walk at night, in foggy weather, or in a place with poor lighting. Having the light on when you have company and cannot attend to them is also a great idea, just in case they run off.
If you are one of those people that think having an LED dog collar is unnecessary, then you are most likely putting your dog at risk. It does not matter if your pet is well trained, they may get lost or run into a car if they are not visible. All of the products we have on this list are great. We selected them on the premise that they are basically functional with the bare necessities expected of an LED collar.
Also, they are cost effective for the most part, durable, very effective, well-designed, and convenient. You get a variety of size options with an adjustability feature for most of them so you can make them fit your pooch just right.