We don’t believe that any dog owner should have to see their canine companion suffering, which is why we’ve performed endless hours of research to find you the best dog joint supplements on the market. We’ve provided every piece of information you could ever need in this post to give you the ultimate one-stop destination for all joint supplement-related information for your dog.
Whether you’re trying to shop for the best option and you’re not sure where to start or you simply want to find out more about how these supplements work and what they’re going to do to improve your dog’s quality of life, you don’t need to look anywhere else. Read on for a lifetime full of pain relief and happy memories with your furry friend.
How Did We Pick the Best Dog Joint Supplements?
We constantly strive to put the interests of our readers above everything else. To make sure we do just that, we use informative and well-crafted articles to simplify the confusing maze you must navigate when choosing products to meet your needs. In a concerted effort to help you get the best from the market, we create product reviews by holistically studying the market and analyzing real customers’ feedback. In the end, you can be sure of a sincere and useful verdict from our team.
If you find our articles useful — please feel free to share them with your family, friends, and colleagues. Follow us on our social media platforms to read the latest online product reviews as they drop.
Why It is Better?
- Why Your Dog Needs Joint Supplements?
- How to Pick the Right Dog Joint Supplements
- Top 5 Best Dog Joint Supplements
- 1. Cosequin Maximum Strength Joint Supplement Plus MSM
- 2. Infinite Pet Supplements All-Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs
- 3. PetNC Natural Care Hip and Joint Soft Chews for Dogs
- 4. VETRISCIENCE Laboratories – Glycoflex 3 Hip & Joint Support for Dogs
- 5. Dasuquin Soft Chews for Dogs
- Main Types of Dog Joint Supplements
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Your Dog Needs Joint Supplements?
There are so many reasons why it’s critical to invest in joint supplements for dogs that it’s hard to know precisely where to begin when it comes to listing their benefits. Here are just some of the ways that using a product like this can improve your dog’s overall enjoyment of life:
- Improved mood: The less pain your dog is in, it probably goes without saying, the happier it’s going to be. That improved state of mind can have huge implications for you as an owner as well. Whether it’s getting your dog out on its daily walk, encouraging it to eat certain food types, or even teaching it new tricks, all of this is going to be easier if your furry friend wants to do any of it, and with an improved mood, this is more likely to be the case.
- Reduced pain and inflammation: Through using a supportive supplement for joint improvement as part of your dog’s day-to-day routine, you can help to massively eradicate any pain it might be suffering from and inflammation will reduce, too. This is clearly going to make it happier and dramatically improve the quality of life it can access as a result thanks to lower degrees of stress and enhanced mobility.
- General health improvement: Some of the best products in this category contain supportive elements to help boost other areas of your dogs health, whether it’s their skin, coat, digestive system, or even heart function. It’s worth investing more in one of the best options on the market because this will help you to save money in the long term on vet bills due to safeguarding against internal issues arising.
- Mobility enhancement: Another incredible benefit of making use for a joint supplement for dogs is the enhanced day-to-day movement it’s going to allow your dog to enjoy. This makes everything from playing to walking more enjoyable and it ultimately means that every aspect of its movement-based life is going to be easier.
- Long term cost saving: If you incorporate products like this early on, then you can start to safeguard against any health issues arising before they can take hold of your dog’s joints and lead to serious damage. This means less trips to the vet for either corrective surgeries or checkups. As a result, you’re going to be spending less throughout the lifetime of your dog.
- Everyday necessity? Is your dog breed genetically at a disadvantage versus others when it comes to joint integrity? Or does it simply have a genetic anomaly that means joint issues are likely to arise from early on regardless of breed? If the answer is yes to either of these questions, then incorporating daily supplements like this needs to be a standard feature of your canine’s daily routine.
How to Pick the Right Dog Joint Supplements
A critical part of picking the best dog joint supplements is comparing the various features on offer with each product type to ensure that you are getting the best item to support your canine friend’s day-to-day life. The following areas should all be considered before making a final purchase decision:
- Which ingredients does it contain? The best products out there don’t contain any potentially harmful filler ingredients and are instead full of all-natural items that would be as beneficial for your dog as they would be for a human user. Additions like glucosamine, vitamin C, green lipped mussel, and hyaluronic acid are sometimes featured as part of the array of ingredients in the best options on the market, and they can all make a huge difference in your dog’s joint health.
- Taste: An often overlooked element of all supplementation for dogs is the flavor of the product, as this can be a make or break deal for your canine companion. If it doesn’t like the taste, then it won’t ingest it, thus rendering its benefits entirely useless. If your product has been engineered for optimum taste, then it can be woven into your dog’s daily routine like any other treat would and used in exactly the same way. This is going to make your life as an owner significantly easier.
- Safety: Tying closely into ingredients, safety needs to be paramount with any supplementary health product. Ideally, your product should come with support from veterinary professionals for total peace of mind. This will ensure that your dog isn’t using anything that a vet wouldn’t agree with prescribing for a dog themselves, thus maximizing overall safety and minimizing any associated risks.
- Supplement variety: Joint relief for dogs come in many different varieties, all of which provide a different platform of administration. This means that even the pickiest of dogs can benefit from joint support even if traditional tablets won’t work. Everything from chewable to liquid and powdered support is available. This means that administration will almost definitely be possible regardless of your dog’s nature.
- Different brands: There are many different brands on the market offering these products. Here are some of the most reputable: Doggie Dailies, Nutramax, Petnc, Terramax, Extend, Genuine Naturals, The Missing Link, and VetriScience. Though there are many other manufacturers available on the market, the above list definitely provides several viable options with a host of effective products on offer between them. Provided that you compare every area listed in this section when trying to decide on the best supplement to provide your dog with optimal joint support, then you’re sure to make an effective choice going forward.
Top 5 Best Dog Joint Supplements
In this section, we’re going to provide you with a list of five products that we feel represent the best options for joint medicine for dogs out there on the market right now.
1. Cosequin Maximum Strength Joint Supplement Plus MSM Review
We Don’t Like
This is one of the most reassuring products within the supplementary joint support category given its support from vets and list of highly effective ingredients. With added glucosamine, MSM, and chondroitin, you’re getting human-grade medical assistance for your dog without having to head to the vet for a time-consuming and costly prescription process.
This product comes in a chewable chicken flavored administration format. As a result, it makes it incredibly easy to encourage your dog to ingest it, and it can be used as per any other treat type during your dog’s daily routine. The quality of the ingredients and support by vets make this a no-brain option. It’s not the cheapest item out there, but it’s certainly one of the best.
2. Infinite Pet Supplements All-Natural Hip & Joint Supplement for Dogs Review
We Don’t Like
Featuring organic human-grade ingredients, this highly effective product is designed to optimize hip and joint health with added supportive elements for the heart, too. It comes in chewable form and is beef liver flavored to make administering them easy as part of your dog’s daily eating and treat routines. Thousands of users have already stated that their dogs love the taste, which is reassuring for anyone hesitant to make a purchase.
Speaking of reassurance, one of the best features on offer here is the lifetime money back guarantee, meaning that you can get every penny back if you’re not completely happy with the results. On the down side, the cost is higher than other options available and there’s no specific mention of veterinary support. This is still one of the best all-around products in this category, and because the ingredients have already been proven as some of the most effective by veterinary professionals, you don’t have a great deal to worry about without the “supported by” badge.
3. PetNC Natural Care Hip and Joint Soft Chews for Dogs Review
We Don’t Like
Coming with accreditation from the National Animal Supplement Council and featuring human-grade ingredients with proven, potent efficiency, this is an excellent all-around safe and easy to use option. These chews are savory flavored and have been engineered for maximum enjoyment by your canine companion, meaning that you won’t have to worry about resorting to underhand tricks and stressful tactics to coax your dog into ingesting them.
With integrated MSM and glucosamine, the level of protection on offer here is highly potent and is sure to offer every benefit you could ever need to safeguard your dog against serious joint-related issues and the associated pain and discomfort that comes with them. As one of the cheapest products in this category, this is also easily one of the best options on the market for those with a smaller budget.
4. VETRISCIENCE Laboratories – Glycoflex 3 Hip & Joint Support for Dogs Review
We Don’t Like
This option from Vetriscience is one of the ultimate for working dogs and those who have enormous functionality requirements. Sometimes, using supplements that have been dosed for the average canine just isn’t enough. Only “industrial-grade” strength will cut it for certain breeds or dogs who are being relied upon to perform integral human-dependent tasks.
This is where Glycoflex comes in as an incredibly potent formula featuring human-grade ingredients (like Perna and MSM) that have been shown to improve joint functionality by up to 41% within four weeks’ worth of use. It’s not the cheapest out there, but combined with the above benefits, the easy to administer chew format makes this the ultimate of all dog joint supplements for the hard working canine.
5. Dasuquin Soft Chews for Dogs Review
We Don’t Like
A useful solution for large breeds that require higher dosages, this product delivers a whopping 900mg of glucosamine, which is more than enough to make a huge difference in aging or dysfunctional joints. Because they’re a soft chew, this makes them incredibly easy to use for all dog owners and takes the hassle out of administering them. Your dog will look forward to having them as a treat as opposed to seeing them as a stressful experience.
Each bag is likely to last roughly one month when safe dosage guidelines are adhered to, and many users report seeing an enormous difference within that timeframe after the first time, or even repeat use. Though the cost is obviously higher for larger breeds due to the enhanced ingredient quantity requirements, your money will be well spent if you need something to cater specifically for a larger dog. This manufacturer also offers small and medium breed varieties, too.
Main Types of Dog Joint Supplements
You’ve now seen some of the best options available on the market, but just in case they aren’t right for your specific dog or breed, we want to give you some ideas about what else is out there so that you can definitely find the right administration format for you.
- Chews: You’re already well-versed in this type of joint support after seeing our top 5 list! This is easily the most popular variety on the market for two reasons. Firstly, they can be used as treats, which means that your dog looks forward to using them. Secondly, it’s hard for some dogs to swallow tablets, so a chew makes them more easily digestible for them.
- Tablets: Tablets aren’t quite as common as chews and other types, but sometimes a certain formula can’t be presented as a chew. In these instances, a traditional tablet is the only way that you’ll be able to can administer a particular formula. These varieties can be broken down and placed in food, if need be.
- Powders: Powdered varieties are a great way to introduce joint support to your dog’s food bowl without them realizing. They’ll naturally ingest the powder while eating, meaning that they’ll never even know they’re having it. This can be a good option for dogs with a discerning palate.
- Liquids: Liquids are easy to administer via either a food or water bowl. You simply add them into your pet’s water or sprinkle it over their food. Following that, they ingest the formula without knowing it’s there. Similar to powders, these varieties are great for fussy breeds that won’t eat certain flavors or perhaps don’t like chews.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are five of the most frequently asked questions about these products and their answers.
Even though your dog may not be suffering from joint issues now, prevention is the best cure, and all dog types, whether they’re active sufferers, a breed that is at a genetic disposition to suffer from joint issues, or they have no problems at all, can still benefit from the included ingredients.
Dog joint supplements are the most convenient product to help with all dog joint issues and do not require a prescription to purchase. Provided that you buy a high quality version with the correct dosage of ingredients for your dog size, you’ll never look back.
In a word, yes. Make sure that your product features human-grade ingredients and accreditation from veterinary professionals. This will ensure that you’re giving it something that a vet would prescribe themselves.
Most chews come in a flavor that dogs find irresistible, so always look for an option that has been formulated for maximum taste. You can also get liquids and powders, which makes administration even more hassle-free.
The best supplement is the one that meets the needs of your particular dog size or breed the most effectively in conjunction with the severity of the issues they face. Always shop based on specific requirements as this will ensure that you get the right product for you and your dog.
We’ve now reached the end of our dog joint supplement journey and you should now feel completely confident to make the right choice to assist your canine companion with all of their joint-related needs. Though there are many options out there, the information we’ve provided you with will allow you to compare them all and make the choice that’s going to specifically meet every need of your particular dog.
It’s always going to be a sensible idea to integrate one of these products into your dog’s daily routine as soon as they’re old enough to use them. This will safeguard against the development of any issues and save in the long term on vets bills. Enjoy a life of pain-free, energetic, and happy walking, playing, and fun with your dog for many years to come.