Best Wide Dog Collars
You want your pup to be the center of attention everywhere you go with him, don’t you? If you want that, then you can achieve it if you dress him in a dog collar. With that beautiful dog accessory on his neck, he will certainly grab attention when you stroll with him. More importantly, it sends a clear message that you are a trendy pet groomer who goes out of their way to beautify your pet.
Before you go ahead to click on the “check deals & price” tab, you need to know a couple of things about this unique doggie accessory. Here’s our promise though: After going through this well-researched guide, you will have all of the essential knowledge to make an informed decision about the best wide dog collar on the market. You can take it to the bank: You would not need to go through any other article on this topic to gift your pet a lovely wide collar.
How Did We Pick the Best Wide Dog Collars?
We constantly strive to put the interests of our readers above everything else. To make sure we do just that, we use informative and well-crafted articles to simplify the confusing maze you must navigate when choosing products to meet your needs. In a concerted effort to help you get the best from the market, we create product reviews by holistically studying the market and analyzing real customers’ feedback. In the end, you can be sure of a sincere and useful verdict from our team.
If you find our articles useful — please feel free to share them with your family, friends, and colleagues. Follow us on our social media platforms to read the latest online product reviews as they drop.
Why It is Better?
- Why You Should Use a Wide Dog Collar
- How to Pick the Right Wide Dog Collar
- Top 5 Best Wide Dog Collars
- 1. Black Rhino – The Comfort Collar Ultra Soft Neoprene Padded Dog Collar
- 2. Soft Touch Collars – Luxury Real Leather Padded Dog Collar
- 3. Berry Pet Beirui Rhinestones Dog Collars
- 4. OneTigris Military Adjustable Dog Collar with Metal D Ring & Buckle 2 Sizes
- 5. Yunlep Adjustable Tactical Dog Collar
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why You Should Use a Wide Dog Collar
The key information that you will get from this review is a list of wide dog collars for your pet. However, it is important that you grasp other crucial roles that these collars play in the life of your pup before going ahead to buy one for them. You probably think you know its benefits, but wait until you find out the rest that you did not know about.
- Withstanding stress: Be it spiked dog collars or wide pup collars, they all come in various lengths, thicknesses, and designs, so it is your call to pick out the right fit for your doggie. When it comes to the collar length and width, you have to pay attention to those. Feel free to say that large dogs require wide and thick collars because the wide ones are capable of withstanding stress from large doggies. Put simply, dogs inflict stress upon the collar from time to time, but the wide ones can withstand it.
- Avoid bruises: Another reason you should go for the wide dog collars for your pup is that they do not dig deep into his coat and harm him. With the wider surface area, you can be sure that the accessory will not harm your pup in any way. You should consider this type for Great Danes and Mastiffs because they have large necks, so they won’t get hurt. Whenever a force is applied, it is distributed around his neck.
- Outward appearance: You do not want to be like old-school pup groomer, do you? If you do not, you should go for the wider collars as they make your dog look trendy. Sure, you want to have a dog that looks gorgeous all the time. They don’t look boring because they come in attractive colors. You can achieve that when you wrap his neck with the wider collar.
- Comfort: Comfort is an important factor whether you wish to choose wide dog collar or bark collar for small dogs. Indeed, you fill find out that your pup is comfortable when he has the wider accessory on. When you try it on relatively medium-sized dogs like pointers, boxers, and pit bulls, you will notice that they are very comfortable with the wider collar on their necks. They can withstand the sensation of having something around their necks thanks to its size.
- Security: If you always look forward to walking, hiking, training, and playing around with your pet in the neighborhood, you will need wide dog training collars. The reason is that it gives more sense of security around his neck. Similar to harm prevention, you can be sure that getting involved in any of those aforementioned activities will not hurt him.
How to Pick the Right Wide Dog Collar
At this point, we do not need a soothsayer to tell us that you may not know what factors to look out for in your ideal collar. Not to worry because we will dissect those factors one after another. More importantly, these factors helped us in compiling this list for you.
- Durability: Be it the vibrating dog collar or wide doggie collar, you should ensure that its key components are made of highly durable materials. The reasoning behind this is that when you use the ones whose materials are inferior, the integrity of the collar is already compromised. Therefore, you should save up some money to get your pup a no-frills collar but not those with cheap connectors. You should keep that in mind.
- Material: Material is yet another feature that must matter to you. You can make a pick from the good old military-grade types or choose trendy and good-looking materials. One thing you will enjoy from that wide range of options is that they are difficult to damage. With what suits your pet being your first priority, you should make a choice between function and appearance.
- Room for adjustment: Another factor you have to consider is that the suitable chain dog collars should have sufficient room for adjustment. Start with getting an accurate measure of your dog’s neck. If his neck is 19 inches, you should go for an accessory that is fit for those whose necks are 17-21 inches. When you do that, you can be sure that it will fit well, especially if your pup is still growing.
- D-ring: We specially picked out the D-ring because it is a part that requires attention. You know, it undergoes lots of pressure whenever the doggie accessory is in use, so it must be sturdy and firmly attached. Put simply, the D-ring should be securely stitched to the doggie collar. When this caveat is satisfied, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.
- Buckle or martingale: It does not matter if you are going to make a choice between buckle and martingale collars as they both work well. But then, you may want to expand your choice to clickable closure dog collars. The thing is, you cannot get it because they do not come in the wide style. On the other hand, buckles, regardless of the pulls they undergo, are always unlikely to loosen.
- Reflective collar: In truth, you may never have considered a reflective collar before now, but you should never relegate it to the background in this regard. While the reflective ones may not be as attractive as the leather types, having a reflective collar on your pet will certainly save him from being run over by a vehicle at night. In other words, the reflective stitching or band offers safety and security, so you should prioritize it as well.
- Machine washable: It does not matter if you wish to get wipe pup collars or thick dog collars, you should wash it with a machine. Therefore, you should always look out for those that are machine washable. Note that your dog’s collar will certainly get dirty from time to time. As a result, you should purchase a collar that does not cost you anything to wash.
- Brand: We cannot emphasize it enough because having the right brand is likely to cover virtually everything else we have mentioned as factors to look out for. Some brands have strived to distinguish themselves in the industry with their unrelenting choice to make premium products. The good thing is that we discussed some of them in this well-crafted review. Good examples include Black Rhino, Soft Touch Collars, Berry Pet, OneTigris, etc.
- Tag placements: Tag placement is yet another key feature that you have to factor in. You should always look out for collars that have a place for a tag or identification attached to its hook-and-loop patch. Types with brass hardware attachments or those that have a separate attachment point are also not a bad idea. The importance is that your pet would not accidentally lose the tags whenever there is a pull on the leash.
Top 5 Best Wide Dog Collars
1. Black Rhino – The Comfort Collar Ultra Soft Neoprene Padded Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
The search for the right collar ends with this product because it perfectly fits that description. No doubt, it earned a spot on this list because it comes with loads of fascinating features. For instance, it has a reflective stitching that keeps your pup safe whenever, wherever. It makes more sense if you always walk, hike, run, jog or train with your pet. In addition to that, it is lightweight and durable, reassuring you that you will get real value for your hard-earned money.
It is not breed-specific because you can use it on all the breeds you can possibly think of. It also offers a wide array of color options, making it a must-buy for trendy pup groomers. With the high-quality material used to pad this collar, your pup’s comfort cannot be compromised. Besides that, it is waterproof, enabling you to use it anytime regardless of the weather. If your pet’s safety matters to you, you have the right collar here.
2. Soft Touch Collars – Luxury Real Leather Padded Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
Here’s one of the best collars you can gift your pup. It snagged the title of our safest product because it has no harsh dyes or harmful chemicals. On top of that, despite being leather, it is well-padded to ensure that it does not choke your pup. Hence, his comfort is guaranteed. If you prefer simplicity, this is the perfect collar for your pup. It is toned with brown and cream, ensuring that it stays relatively simple. With the buckle and D-ring made of solid brass hardware, dust and corrosion are automatically kept at bay.
With the superiority this product mirrors, Vaun Duffy Products is giving you a lifetime guarantee in it. You will get a replacement if it fails due poor materials or workmanship. Coming from the manufacturer, this is reassuring. If you are in need a place to tag your pup, you have no problems at all thanks to the small ring next to the buckle.
3. Berry Pet Beirui Rhinestones Dog Collars
We Don’t Like
If you are a fashionable doggie groomer who loves to show off their style, this is the right bling for your pet. With the beautifully studded rhinestones, your pet will certainly get plenty of attention. Despite having all of the fashionable features you would typically look out for in your ideal collar, you will love that the designs do not ever fall off. Furthermore, it comes in many different color options. Feel free to pick from hot pink, pink, purple, silver, and turquoise.
With all of these color options, you are sure to have the most attractive brand in this doggie collar. Moreover, the PU leather is skin-friendly, thus ensuring that your dog stays pretty comfy when it is on his neck. With a 60-day quality warranty that comes with this product, it goes to show that this is one of the best things you can gift your pet. It is relatively affordable and durable. The metal buckle has five adjustment holes to reassure its user’s comfort.
4. OneTigris Military Adjustable Dog Collar with Metal D Ring & Buckle 2 Sizes Review
We Don’t Like
By merely gazing at this dog collar, you will find out that it has military-styled ruggedness written all over it. Hence, it is one of the leading products on the market. Its durable metal buckle with five adjustable points gives your pet enormous room for growth and comfort. With the padding made with nylon material, you can be sure that your pup will be very comfortable in it regardless of his boisterousness. Another takeaway from this product is that it is very easy to use and maintain.
For instance, getting rid of stains is as easy as washing it with clean water and detergent. That sounds easy, doesn’t it? With the D-ring pull strength of 66 lbs., you can be sure that it is capable of withstanding any pressure. You can slap on name or morale patch on the patch panel, which is one of the unique features it offers. This will definitely serve as the perfect option for your pet and is a must-buy.
5. Yunlep Adjustable Tactical Dog Collar Review
We Don’t Like
Do you wish to go camping, traveling, jumping, and hunting with your pup? Perhaps you want to go walking and running with him. Either way, you should not embark on those adventures without one of those stop bark collars out there. The good news is, this is just perfect for those activities. With 1000D nylon used in its construction, you are certain you have a high-quality extra wide dog collar. Despite being durable and sturdy, it is padded with soft lining to ensure that it does not harm your puppy.
This is a military-styled collar that is very easy to use. For instance, washing it is as easy as ABC. Its handle design is a testament that you do not have to be a pro pup groomer to use it. You will see its magic sticker, which allows you to tag your pet with his name, ID patch, badges, etc. With all these perks and more, this dog-grooming accessory deserves a place on this list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the frequently asked questions about the wide dog collar.
You can measure your pup’s neck in two ways. First, use a measuring tape to wrap it round his neck and take down the measurements (figures). You could also use a simple rope and wrap it round his neck. Afterward, you place the rope on a measuring tape to find out the size of his neck.
Get a measurable tape and wrap it round your pup’s neck. Afterward, you write down the measurement. Before placing an order for your product of choice, ensure that there is an error allowance. For instance, if your dog’s neck is 17 inches, ensure that the product you are about to buy is between 16-19 inches or thereabouts.
Most makers of inflatable dog collars prefer to go for leather because it is durable. In addition to that, the material is the most natural for your pup to wear as they share a similar chemistry. The oils from your pup’s body may condition the leather into a buttery texture, but this does not happen if the leather is properly treated. Lastly, leather is biodegradable, which makes it the perfect material for that purpose.
Yes, there are many of them. On the market, there are collars made of nylon webbing, polyester, metal, oilcloth (vinyl woven with cotton), silicone, and hemp. All of these materials are readily available.
Whether LED dog collars or any other collar for that matter, you can simply soak it in hot water with soap or shampoo for 15 minutes before washing and taking it out later. The reason you need a shampoo is to ensure that your pet does not develop any allergies. Afterward, rub it against itself for several minutes to get rid of dirt/stains. If the collar smells, you should use some baking soda instead of soap or shampoo.
Having come thus far, we can all agree that your pet needs these accessories because of the benefits you two stand to get from them. Hence, we ensured that this piece answers all of the key questions you may want to ask. Because we have touched all the crucial facts about these calming dog collars, we are going to wrap up this review. Without mincing words, we have done our bit. In case you did not know, we conducted a comprehensive market survey and consulted many pro pup groomers before rounding up these five premium products for you. Now, it is up to you to do the rest.
What are you supposed to do? Well, all you need now is to take the bold step by selecting just one from the list of products we have reviewed in this well-researched guide. As you can see, they all have features, product descriptions, pros, and a few cons. You should carefully go through them to understand what you stand to gain (and lose as well!). In the end, go ahead and place an order. Do not hesitate to share your experience with us. Why wait? Buy yours now!