We’ve all been in the unfortunate position before where our furry friend has either sustained an injury or undergone an operation and they need to wear the dreaded “cone of shame.” Today, we present you with several viable solutions to plastic recovery cones via inflatable dog collars.
After poring over every corner of the internet, we’ve sourced only the best possible options available on the market so that you can make a purchase knowing that your canine companion is going to be completely comfortable while also still being able to fulfil their daily functions. There’s no need to go anywhere else – read on for all of the information you could ever need on this popular collar variety and see why your dog needs one for the best recovery experience possible.
How Did We Pick the Best Inflatable Dog Collar?
We constantly strive to put the interests of our readers above everything else. To make sure we do just that, we use informative and well-crafted articles to simplify the confusing maze you must navigate when choosing products to meet your needs. In a concerted effort to help you get the best from the market, we create product reviews by holistically studying the market and analyzing real customers’ feedback. In the end, you can be sure of a sincere and useful verdict from our team.
If you find our articles useful — please feel free to share them with your family, friends, and colleagues. Follow us on our social media platforms to read the latest online product reviews as they drop.
Why It is Better?
- Why Your Dog Needs an Inflatable Dog Collar
- How to Pick the Right Inflatable Dog Collar
- Top 5 Best Inflatable Dog Collars
- 1. BENCMATE Protective Inflatable Collar for Dogs and Cats
- 2. Pet Link Inflatable Dog Collar
- 3. E-KOMG Dog Cone After Surgery, Protective Inflatable Collar
- 4. GoodBoy Comfortable Recovery E-Collar for Dogs and Cats
- 5. KONG Cloud E-Collar for Cats and Dogs
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Your Dog Needs an Inflatable Dog Collar
An inflatable collar offers a welcome and much-needed alternative to the widely-used plastic cones that your canine companion will typically have to endure after being treated for an injury or receiving an invasive medical procedure.
Though plastic cones have been used to great effect for years, they are a very invasive and uncomfortable form of protection. As such, inflatable varieties have been introduced to help achieve all of the original protective benefits that plastic models offer but without the negative elements.
The main benefit underpinning all others when it comes to using one of these products is the protection that it offers against the buildup of bacteria or further damage to an already sore or irritated area. This is because dogs love to interfere with infection sites through everything from licking to chewing and scratching. In these instances, other product varieties like best dog training collars or wide dog collars won’t fulfil your needs.
With an inflatable collar attached, your dog can’t reach around and agitate an operation or injection site due to the size of the product not allowing the head to completely arch around. Though this restriction of movement may sound uncomfortable, it’s also necessary. If given free reign, dogs will almost always worsen a wound without a countermeasure in place. With that said, comfort is also paramount, and this is where an inflatable e collar comes into its own versus the traditional plastic variety.
Because the material is soft yet flexible and durable, it restricts total freedom of movement in the neck to safeguard against agitation whilst also being incredibly comfortable for your dog to wear in the process and allowing all other daily functions like eating and walking to continue.
How to Pick the Right Inflatable Dog Collar
There are several key areas to consider before you make the decision to buy a collar from the many available on the market. This is a very out of the ordinary item compared to traditional products like spiked dog collars or stop bark collars. The criteria for buying an effective product is drastically different, therefore it’s important to fully understand the ins and outs of how these items work.
Ultimately, as with all pet products, you’ve got to ensure that your intended option meets the exact requirements of your dog to lead to a wholly positive, comfortable, and safe experience. The following points highlight what you should be looking at before making a purchase:
- Size: If the size of the collar isn’t right, then it won’t fit on your pet properly. If it doesn’t, then it probably goes without saying that this defeats the purpose of using one in the first place as it’ll lead to restricted movement and discomfort. Usually, most wearable products, whether it’s a bark collar for small dogs or led dog collars will feature adjustable straps to allow you to adjust them for the specific size of your furry friend’s neck. Inflatable varieties are no different. Try to measure up in the store to avoid any returns.
- Material used: There are a wide variety of materials used to construct these products, and each one carries a unique benefit and is often designed to meet the demands of specific daily situations. You can source everything from PVC to rubber and different fabric models. Some are better made than others, or have a stronger waterproof and durability rating compared to others. Make your choice based on the specific daily activities and individual nature of your dog.
- Comfort: This can be a hard one to gauge without getting your pet to try an inflatable dog collar on in store, but the comfortability of your intended product is going to be a key part of its success. Always try to make sure to buy a collar that’ll lead to as little irritation for your dog as possible with a soft material build that fits as perfectly as possible. This will ensure that your dog isn’t tempted to try to destroy the collar and cause itself further harm in the process. Consider combining with a calming collar for dogs too for maximum efficiency and post medical procedure safety.
- Ease of cleaning: Dogs aren’t known for being the cleanest of animals, which is why any collar choice should reflect this and allow you to clean it both easily and conveniently. In short, it’s going to get messy, so be sure to choose something that can be wiped down in a hassle-free manner for continuous use.
- How long is it going to last? Though these collars (hopefully!) aren’t going to be a regular feature of your dogs daily life, you should decide whether or not you want to invest in something that can last potentially up to the entire life time of your dog. Some cheaper models may only be fit for a couple of protective periods following routine medical procedures whereas some are built to see your canine companion through every procedure they have in a lifetime. If you think you’ll be having several performed, opt for something long-lasting.
- Warranty/guarantee: Not all manufacturers include a warranty or guarantee with their product, and even amongst the ones who do, not all of them offer something that’ll be useful to you. It’s a good idea to make sure that the included warranty or guarantee is going to offer some practical, viable protection against any real-world issues you might encounter with the product. Think about things like chewing and sizing. Measure this area up heavily.
- Style: One area where inflatable collars sometimes suffer is design variety. Collars will often come in some shade of blue. If you’re looking for something to compliment a doggy body warmer or even the color of their underlying collar, then choose carefully because options can be limited. However, variations do exist!
- Brands: A brand name should never be the primary reason for choosing a product because all purchases should be made on an individual basis. However, brands do carry with them quality assurance and often additional elements like strong guarantees and the peace of mind that comes with one of their products being used successfully by thousands of others. If you’d ideally like something from a reputable brand, then the following manufacturers are all well-known for producing high quality products: ProCollar, Pet Link, Scenereal, Kong, Bencmate, GoodBoy, Atles, and Secho. Any product produced by the above manufacturers is sure to meet the quality and satisfaction standards of most if not all customers and their dogs.
Top 5 Best Inflatable Dog Collars
In this section, we help you choose the best inflatable dog collar by providing you with five handpicked options that we feel represent the best out there on the market at the moment. The goal of this list is to save you from having to look endlessly over hundreds of websites, losing hours of valuable time. These are the best five options money can buy.
1. BENCMATE Protective Inflatable Collar for Dogs and Cats Review
Easy to clean
Easy to inflate
We Don’t Like
This option from BencMate ticks a lot of boxes at once by offering the best all-around choice for those who want maximum comfort, safety, value, and accessibility. As one of the most widely-used and durable inflatable collars available anywhere, this product should provide you with maximum peace of mind when buying as it is already being used to great success and maximum canine satisfaction all over the world.
There are many different size options available, but the adjustable strap means that you can easily alter to cater for the exact neck size of your pet. The added scratch and bite resistance here also means that even if your furry friend gets boisterous, the collar isn’t likely to be destroyed. As an added bonus, it even folds away neatly and is cheap when compared to other varieties on the market. What more could you ask for?
2. Pet Link Inflatable Dog Collar Review
Easy to clean
Easy to inflate
We Don’t Like
For anyone looking for a highly-versatile product that’ll offer maximum protection while providing an almost unparalleled level of comfort, then this option from PetLink is going to be very hard to beat. This is thanks in no small part to the furry coating that surrounds the collar as this makes the soft build quality even more snug and comforting for your canine companion while still giving all of the protection you need.
Coming in an array of sizes and easily adjustable as a result of the integrated strap, this means that pretty much any dog is going to benefit from its protection without any hindrance to their daily routine. The price is good, the quality is high, and the included guarantee offers some reassurance for those concerned about any post-purchase defects. It’s simply a great all-around product that offers enhanced comfort compared to others available.
3. E-KOMG Dog Cone After Surgery, Protective Inflatable Collar Review
Easy to clean
Easy to inflate
We Don’t Like
This comfortable, resistant inflatable dog cone is perfect for those with a smaller budget who are looking for something that’ll do the job well without having to spend a great deal of money in the process. The flexible design allows your dog to freely perform all of their usual daily activities including eating, drinking, walking, and sleeping without impedance. All of this is still possible without any break in the protection on offer, too.
Useful features that you’d expect to find in any good collar including an adjustable strap and tamper-proof design mean that once it’s in place, you can relax knowing that there’s very little chance of the collar being pulled off and your dog damaging itself in the process. Though the above features aren’t necessarily unique when compared to others, the standout element here is the price. Costing significantly less than other alternatives, it’s a great choice for doing the job without breaking the bank.
4. GoodBoy Comfortable Recovery E-Collar for Dogs and Cats Review
Easy to clean
Easy to inflate
We Don’t Like
For those who want what is perhaps the best fitting collar available on the market, this offering from GoodBoy is almost definitely guaranteed to please thanks to its premium design that offers all-around neck protection with a snug coating. Though there isn’t necessarily anything standout here amongst the design features (adjustable collar/reverse wearability for added damage protection), the unique selling point instead comes in the form of an incredible warranty.
This warranty covers chew damage and picking the wrong size. The chew damage cover adds a lot of comfort for buyers as these products are susceptible to damage in this area over time. But it’s the wrong size coverage that serves to reassure customers most. It can be hard to get a collar that has the perfect fit your dog needs for maximum comfort, and many manufacturers know this, which is why they don’t offer coverage in this area. The fact that it is included here shows tremendous design confidence.
5. KONG Cloud E-Collar for Cats and Dogs Review
Easy to clean
Easy to inflate
We Don’t Like
For those on the lookout for the best inflatable dog collar or the best of anything dog-related for that matter. Kong will absolutely serve your needs thanks to the high build quality of each and every one of their products. They’ve delivered an excellent inflatable collar that features all of the staple elements you’d expect with any collar such as the adjustable strap and soft comfort coating along with premium tough fabric that’ll withstand almost any potential damage.
The material used wont damage your furniture and is easy to clean. This means that this collar is as safe as it is practical. It’s with cost that we find the only real negative here. It is more expensive than other products in this genre. But as they say, you get what you pay for. This is a very high-quality item for the dog owner that wants maximum assurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section of today’s post, we’re going to cover five of the most frequent questions that potential inflatable dog collar buyers have about these products to provide you with maximum peace of mind.
To pick the right sized collar for your dog, you need to make sure that you follow the sizing guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Find out the diameter of your chosen product and then measure it against the neck of your canine companion to get the best fit. The adjustability of these products makes for a high level of versatility. They can be combined with everything from chain dog collars to an effective stop bark collar for maximum effectiveness.
When your dog collar arrives, it will be in a deflated state and will require you to inflate it either using your mouth or a pump. Some products come with included pumps whereas others will require you to buy one separately. Once inflated, adjust the strap to fit your dog’s neck and tighten it securely, following which your dog can benefit from its protection.
To clean your dog collar, you can usually remove the soft fabric coating and machine wash it before returning it to the collar housing and putting it back on your dog. Most options will also allow you to wipe them clean, too.
Yes they can, and this is the best way to use them. To receive the maximum benefit of these products, your dog will need to wear the collar at all times until they have made a full recovery from their injury or medical procedure to avoid any further agitation to the site.
Following any medical procedure or injury where damage to the surface of your dog’s skin has ensued, yes, you do need to purchase a collar. Inflatable options are the best for providing maximum comfort and safety while still allowing for full freedom of movement.
Now that you’ve read through to the end of today’s post, you are now well-versed on the universe of inflatable dog collars and all of the ins and outs of what a good one looks like, how to compare key features, and even what 5 of the best options available to buy on the market are. It’s crucial to understand that if your furry friend undergoes any kind of medical procedure or suffers from some a surface-based injury to the skin, it’s an absolute must that you purchase a collar to safeguard against further damage, irritation, and infection.
Inflatable collars are the best way to achieve this protection without negatively impacting quality of life in the process, which is why they’re loved by dog owners around the world everywhere. It means that you don’t have to resort to a harsher control mechanism like a vibrating dog collar, for example. Either through comparing key features or by choosing any of the options on our top 5 list, buy now safe in the knowledge that you’re making the best choice to provide maximum comfort and daily enjoyment for your canine companion in the midst of an injury.